Monday, September 22, 2008

Reese's Peanut Butter Cups


Really...
When mamma said there'd be days like this, I didn't expect so many of them back-to-back.

That's why it is a good thing that God allowed some guy named H.B. Reese to develop the-ultimate-bad-day-coping-tool: Reese's Peanut Butter Cups. My favorite form of these delicious confections is the "miniature". They are bite-sized and easy to stash in your desk drawer for just-such-an-emergency. Very little cannot be solved with a handful of Reese's Miniatures and a little time to think. My second favorite form are the Reese's Peanut Butter Eggs that come out for Easter.

What is it about this nugget of chocolate and peanut butter that soothes the soul? Is it the chocolate: the magical cure for shock and mild depression? Is it the peanut butter: the reminder of those simple times when PB and J was the staple of your brown bag lunch? Is it the fact that, as a fully grown adult woman with a job and a paycheck, I can go and buy as many Resse's cups as I want and no one (but the waistband of my jeans) is going to say anything about it?

Maybe it is all of these things together.

Or maybe I just like Reese's Cups...

No comments:

Post a Comment