Friday, August 14, 2009

Complaints? Save it.

In revisiting old blog posts, looking for things to redevelop, I found this post from August 2009.  It's still a good reminder:

I have a collection of signs about not complaining.  This one was taken by my brother, Joseph, as part of a retrospective that he compiled about bringing Sisters of the Missionary Servants of the Word to Columbus to serve the parish that I work for. This picture was taken in the house that is their convent and was taken only 10 days from the date of their arrival! As you can see there was a lot of work to be done, yet.

When I saw this picture, it made me realize that I have been complaining a lot: about the pains in my back, how tired I am, how I never have enough money or time...the list goes on and on. So, this simple little sign, scribbled on a paper plate hit me right between the eyes.

I have so much to be thankful for. Both my husband and I have jobs and in this economy.  That is really something! I have a wonderful, loving husband. I have beautiful, intelligent, independent (if somewhat troublesome) children. I have amazing friends. This list could go on and on, too.

When I posted this sign on my office door, at the organ company, my boss took a look at it, chuckled and raised an ironic eyebrow at me. (I really have been very whiny lately.) So I shrugged and told him, "It's as much for me as it is for anyone else." And it's true.

God has blessed me abundantly.

No complaining allowed. :)

Photo by Joseph L. Harris
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment