Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Five Favorites - Five Recipes from Pinterest That I Have ACTUALLY Tried

I haven't posted anything to my blog in more than a month. This is not good for someone who wants to write.

So, in the interest of getting back into the swing, I am linking up to Hallie Lord's Five Favorites over at Moxie Wife.

Pinterest is one of my favorite places to visit, but, you know how it is - you pin a whole bunch of stuff and think, "I'm am totally gonna try that!"  And then life happens. I even have a board for recipes that I call "Recipes I Would Like To Try (but probably won't)" and another titled "Stuff I Will Never Finish" (that one's for crafts.  But, I have actually used my Pinterest boards for something other than wishful thinking. Sometimes I do try stuff and it works!

So, without further ado - here are five recipes from Pinterest that I have actually made - and they worked.

This is a MUST do!!!! Egg-less cookie dough to eat. Not to bake. Just to eat. Every woman should have this recipe on hand... perfect for girls night in! Eggless Cookie Dough 3/4 cup brown sugar 1/4 cup butter, softened 1/4 tsp. vanilla 1/4 cup milk 1 cup flour Pinch salt 1/2 cup chocolate chips...for those nights when nothing else will do :)

1. Eggless Cookie Dough - You know, for when nothing else will do, but you don't fancy a dance with Salmonella. 
It's Simple:  3/4 cup brown sugar, 1/4 cup butter, softened 1/4 tsp. vanilla, 1/4 cup milk, 1 cup flour, Pinch salt, 1/2 cup chocolate chips

French Vanilla Coffee Creamer

2. French Vanilla Coffee Creamer that isn't all chemicals? Yes Please!
This stuff is delicious. It doesn't save you any money, but you can make it with Fat Free Condensed Milk and skim milk and have a fat free creamer that isn't all plastic. YUM! You can even change up the flavoring. Details here.


3. Christmas Crack - Chocolate. Salt. Toffee. 
Nuff said. Find out how to make it here.

All Day Apple Butter Allrecipes.com

4. Crock Pot Apple Butter - Easy and delicious.
This is the recipe I used, but I substituted 1 cup of brown sugar for 1 cup of white sugar and I also cooked it all night and then all day, too. It was the queen of the breakfast table for many months.


Recipe photo

5. Flourless Fudge Cookies- These are gluten-free and dairy free and all delicious. 
Using egg whites makes them lower in fat than your average cookie, but they are definitely not sugar-free!! They make up in batches of 16 cookies, so you won't be tempted for very long, but they are absolutely the best find I've had on Pinterest.

1 comment:

  1. Num! But which to try first?!?! Off to try the apple butter........

    ReplyDelete