Thursday, May 15, 2014

#SmallSuccess: It always comes back to trust


Small Success Thursday


It's true. It always comes back down to trusting God to care for me. 

I wasn't going to post anything today, but as Sarah Reinhard reminded me this morning, it's a good exercise. So here goes:

1) I haven't been in a dead panic about our finances since I quit my day job. Fortunately, God has made things pop into place that will handle everything without my having to make it all fit.

2) I went to a choir practice last night and sang alto. It was a good thing. A VERY good thing. One of the things it taught me is that musicality is not something that I have lost. Even though I steadfastly maintained to one of my professors recently that I am not an artist, I only interpret other people's art, there is an art to interpreting a piece of music. I can still do that, even without the melody and even without my full range and volume. My voice is coming back. It's just taking its time getting here.

3) I managed to complete my reading assignment for my directed study (no small feat) and still post a couple of blog posts, to boot.

God always provides me with what I need to get the job done. I just have to let go of my death grip on control over my life and let him take control.

Works. Every. Time.

Your turn! Head over to CatholicMom.com and share your successes!



1 comment:

  1. Thanks for being a part of Small Success Thursday, and singing? It's a real gift. Thank you for sharing it with others, it reminds all of us, this is not time for private prayer, but for filling the world with our voices.

    ReplyDelete