Thursday, April 10, 2008

Signs of Hope

I am starting to see why people love the Spring so much. I have always been a fan of Autumn, myself. But, this spring, I am seeing signs of hope everywhere.



All the grass is suddenly a deep green and lush from all the rain we’ve had. There are violets blooming all over the yard across the street. It is literally a carpet of purple. The crabapple trees are budding up and getting ready to burst into bloom. There is a freshness in the air and on the wind that speaks of the life coming forth from the Earth; the life that we are all a part of. There is a warmth in the sun, like the embrace of some cosmic Mother. I just want to go out in the back yard of my office building and lay out on the grass and soak it all in!

Yes, the spring is lovely! In the wake of her scattered flower petals and warm gentle breezes, school kids find the outside world again, and adults, who trudge through life day in and day out, learn that life does go on, but not without hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment