Sunday, May 4, 2008

Waxing poetic

I have been attacked by poetry this weekend! Yes, attacked!

I don't know what I did to open the flood gates, but it is a deluge right now. Instead of pushing it away, however, I am embracing it. My favorite subject this time around? Columbus. Yes, I know, there's not much that looks poetic in Columbus. I'll grant you that. But, I have found some good stuff. I want to share it all here, but I am planning something really cool with my baby brother, Joe, the photographer. I think we're going to collaborate on a book together about Columbus, in poetry and photos. I think it's going to be really cool, so you'll all want to run right out and buy one when we finish with it.

No, really....

Actually, having been involved in projects like this with the performing arts, this is the kind of thing that is a labor of love. You put your heart and soul into it and it is a tremendously fruitful thing in every area but money. If you make your investment back, you're in good shape. I did explain this to Joe, but I don't know if he believes me.

Just wait until Kristy gets involved...her business mind will whip the two of us into shape in you'll be seeing us on Letterman (under the Stupid Human Tricks segment...) No, I'm just kidding. Actually, I am very nervous, because this is very far out of my comfort zone. I have never written anything for publishing. Am I crazy??

Anyway, because I am publishing some of these poems, I can't "publish" them here...which really stinks, because I want everyone's impressions. So, if you live near me, work with me, are related to me, recognize me on the street from the grainy picture that serves as my profile shot...ask to see the poems (unless you hate poetry...then don't ask...I don't like having my feelings hurt.)

Oh, boy...here we go...

No comments:

Post a Comment