Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Tag! You're it!

I got tagged for a "meme", by Sarah R. over at "Just Another Day of Catholic Pondering". So here's the game: It's called the "Random Page Book Meme".

"Open the closest book to you, not your favorite or most intellectual book, but the book closest to you at the moment, to page 56. Write the 5th sentence, as well as two to five sentences following that. "

When I got this on Facebook from an old High School friend, I had to put the sentence as my status. The book I had closest to me was a History of the Diocese of Columbus. (I was researching for my novel, ok?) I had to put a sentence about Bishop Moeller paying off the debt for the construction of the Cathedral here in Columbus.

Today isn't much more interesting. I have been working on Liturgy Plans. I am home today with a tummy bug and once I could stand/sit up again, I got right to work. So, the closest book is, that's right: "The St. Michael Hymnal". I wondered if counted, but decided to forge ahead anyway. I figured I'd find a line of a hymn or some such thing and be done with it and have a good laugh about how boring I am.

I went to page 56 and what do you suppose I found? I was in the Order of Mass section of the Hymnal and, though it is hard to define what the 5th sentence on the page is between the rubrics and the actual words of the rite, I settled up on the actual words of Jesus from the consecration (in Latin):

"ACCIPITE ET MANDUCATE EX HOC OMNES HOC EST ENIM CORPUS MEUM, QUOD PRO VOBIS TRADETUR."


Which means (roughly, anyway):
"TAKE THIS ALL OF YOU, AND EAT IT
THIS IS MY BODY
WHICH WILL BE GIVEN UP FOR YOU."

I decided that I probably didn't need to follow that up with any further sentences from the hymnal. That basically told me all I need to know about myself today. It's funny how God consistently points me in the proper direction whenever I think of myself first. He reminds me that it's all about Him.

I am tagging all my readers. See what you find, and leave the results in the comment box or post it to your blog if you have one.

2 comments:

  1. He DOES have a way of pointing us in the right direction, doesn't he? That's great, Katie! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. As you can see this could be interesting. The nearest book I had happened to be a copy of "Bunnicula". On page 56 the 5th sentence is, "Suddenly, the footsteps----or whatever they were---stopped." That could be a very interesting conversation starter.
    Blessings on you and all that you love
    -Mom

    ReplyDelete