Thursday, August 20, 2009

Just a little late

There's a song that I have heard a lot lately called, "You Found Me" by The Fray.

The first verse deals with finding God at the a most unlikely place, all alone and smoking His last cigarette. The singer then asks God "Where you been?" and God replies, "Ask anything." The rest of the song is a broken-hearted diatribe about losing a loved one and why God seemingly abandoned the singer. In the refrain, the singer sings,

Lost and insecure
You found me, you found me
Lyin' on the floor
Surrounded, surrounded
Why'd you have to wait?
Where were you? Where were you?
Just a little late
You found me, you found me

And actually I think that why I like this song so much and why it stays with me. There are times when I truly feel like God is just gone from my life and I feel "lost and insecure" and I feel as if I will never be happy again. But God always finds me, even if I think it's "just a little late", it really is all in God's good time. So, even though the song communicates that the singer is angry at God, it always reminds me, that no matter how far I have placed myself from His Presence, it may be late in the game, but God always finds me and rescues me.

No comments:

Post a Comment