Thursday, March 1, 2012

A Really Nifty App

If you don't have an iPod or an iPhone, I am sorry for the nerd-out.  But, seriously, this app is so nifty! I have to share the joy:


The App is called, simply, "Mary" and it's a microcosm of all the things you ever wanted to know about Mary but were afraid to ask (or you knew them once and forgot about them).
Really this is a whole bunch of applications all in one. It includes:

  • A Rosary App - You can pray the rosary right on your iPod or iPhone.  There's optional audio, too.
  • All Kinds of Marian Prayers: Everything from the "Morning Offering" to the "Litany of Loreto"
  • Two Marian Chaplets: "The Chaplet of the Ten Virtues of Mary" and "The Chaplet of the Seven Sorrows of Mary"
  • Short Explanations of the 4 Dogmas surrounding Mary
  • Answers to Questions about Marian Doctrines and Resources for finding out more about Mary and why Catholics venerate her. 
  • A List of Marian Feasts
  • A List of Pilgrimage Sites throughout North America

And much more...
And the best part is that it's free!  Would you like to learn more about it?  Click here.

I have been using this app for about a week now and I love it.  I have been setting an alarm (because I am hopeless about remembering to pray) and using this application to say my prayers.  It's much more portable than the 3 three prayer books I have been carrying around and there's a lot more information included here.


No comments:

Post a Comment