Wednesday, August 15, 2012

A Blessed Feast Day to All!




Today is the Feast of the Assumption of Mary.


"My soul proclaims the greatness of the Lord and my spirit rejoices in God my Savior!" 

This video was recorded in the Frauenkirche (full disclosure: It's a Lutheran church,) in Dresden, Germany. This beautiful building was destroyed by Allied firebombs at the end of WWII. After the reunification of Germany in 1990, the church was rebuilt using as much of the original stones as possible. In 2006, when I traveled to Dresden for their 800th Anniversary Celebration with the Columbus Maennerchor, we toured the Frauenkirche and sang there. It was truly awe-inspiring.  I remember walking into the church for the first time and being completely overwhelmed at the sight.  I had seen pictures on the internet and in books and magazines, but nothing had prepared me for the sheer enormity of it.  It brought me to tears.

Have a wonderful feast day and don't forget to go to Mass, if you haven't made it already.
Don't know where to go?  Hit www.masstimes.org to find a mass within reach.

No comments:

Post a Comment