Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Magnificat Advent Companion App

Today, I started my with a new blogging team over at CatholicMom.com on the Tech Talk page.  I am supposed to be posting once a month (on the fourth Thursday) but when this app came up for review, I just had to try it out.

CatholicMom.com is a great resource for all things Catholic from book and software reviews to spiritual reading and ways to engage you family in the Faith.  And it's not just for moms, so take some time to check it out while you're over there.

Here's an excerpt from my first post.


I have been a fan of Magnificat since it made its first appearance in the choir loft at my parish.  In looking for a way to have the readings, responsorial psalm, and gospel tract for each day of the month at hand for the cantors, my choir director had stumbled across this gem.  And I quickly embraced it.
Not only does Magnificat have all the readings for Mass, it also has shortened versions of Morning, Evening and Night prayers, as well as reflections for important feast days, art, poetry, and other devotional tools to help deepen and enrich your prayer life.  But this is not news to devotees of the printed Magnificat.
What about the Advent app?  
Read more...

No comments:

Post a Comment