Thursday, June 19, 2014

#SmallSuccess: Write 'Til You Drop



All my small successes this week are writing related. Even though I am on sabbatical at Catholic mom, I am a writing fool!

1. Finished my first draft of my book (Working title: A Pew-Sitter's Guide to Catholic Music). I am super excited and super nervous about this. It's like having my first child all over again.

Many thanks to Jen Fitz for the inspiration for the topic and the "mean friend" chops to help keep me motivated. You can read some of the preview work here. Many thanks, also, to the people who commented on those posts. It was really good to have the encouragement and some challenges to my ideas, too!

2. Finished my first paper for my Summer Philosophy class on Pythagorean music theory.

Yep, it's true. I am obsessed with music and how it mirrors the constitution of the world and the individual soul. All of God's creation is a marvel and everything points us back to Him.

3. Submitted a couple of stories for publication in places where I might get paid.

That'd be a nice thing, I think. Let's see if they agree. I have put this off for more than two years because I was so afraid of the rejection. I finally decided to grow a backbone and just do it.

You know how when you've been sitting too long and you get up and stretch and it feels crazy good? Yeah. That stretch felt really good.

Your turn! Share 'em if ya got 'em!

No comments:

Post a Comment