Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Doing something dumb


Have you ever done something that you knew was stupid when you thought about doing it, you knew it was stupid when you did it and you did it anyway?

Been there. Done that. Bought the T-shirt.
(Mind you, I will never wear the T-shirt because it is tacky and doesn't fit.)

It is a very good thing that I believe in redemption and reconciliation. Forgiveness is a wonderful thing. Living outside the "state of grace" is the most sickening place I have ever been. Especially, if I have dragged someone else with me. Really, it makes me physically ill.

My brother, John, always says that stupid should hurt and then we wouldn't do stupid things so much. I wish that were true. But stupid does hurt and, yet, we are stupid all the time.


No comments:

Post a Comment